Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Talks

Last week, i was assigned as speaker to talk about education web portal at Bahagian Teknologi Pendidikan Negeri Perak from 10 - 14 November 2008. I drove my car from shah alam to ipoh about 1 and half hours and had been there around 1 o'clock. My first expectation just gave a talk about to the pedagogy and learning styles and i thought that everything would be okay and enough. But my expectation was wrong when the participants showed demoralize and demotivate attitude to attend the course. When started the opening session of course they started to argue the objectives to having that course and blamed each others. I'm the first dealing with that kind of participants was blurred and thinking what I'm suppose to do. What I ha done is just listen their problems and make their calm with answered all the questions they rise then i make a one conclusion to everybody satisfied. I was imagine, when the 1st day was very mess with all the internal problem, i thought the 2nd day would be more more mess and the 3rd is more more more (3x) mess than....and i started to plan how to make their enjoyed with the course. I remembered one of the theory to face with this people is Andragogy or Adult Education, i'm never practice this approach before. After that i prepared myself to use that technique and it showed the positive result when the participants was more enjoyed and motivated to learn. After finish the course, i think that the experience on fields and theory dealing with human is something needed blend together and it was a lesson for me.

One more things, i met the elder brother of my supervisor there "World is to Small for Us, Anywhere and Everywhere"
.

No comments: